Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update!

Well I've been slacking on keeping up with this so here's an update.

Isaac has started kindergarten! I've been sooo worried about him going to school but so far he has been doing wonderfully. Whew! He was bad about forgetting his lunch for a while but that was kind of to be expected. He's doing great now though. I spoke with his teacher the other day and she said he has been following directions really well and fitting right in. We did have a scare the other day though. While he and I were walking through the school parking lot (I'd been walking him up to the front doors) some woman in a suburban backed right into me! I was holding Isaac's hand and tried to yank him forward out of the way but he was scared and yelling and tried to run back to the truck :( I was yelling at this woman and ended up punching the back of her car. When she finally stopped I went to her passenger window and went off on her. Her response? "Oh, sorry!" Really?? That could've been my son! God was watching over us that day. That was the ONE time I've ever walked through a parking lot with Isaac on my outside. I never do that. If he had been on the other side of me she would've hit him instead of me. Glad that's over with!

Now for me. I got a job! Yay, finally! It's at Dollar General. Part-time. Not much but I don't really care. It's a job. It's a start. Everyones gotta start somewhere. It just feels good to finally be doing something. God knows I love my kids more than life itself but it helps to get a break from them while I work.

And I've decided next year I'm going to try to go back to school. Camryn will be in pre-k and Isaac will be in 1st grade. Can't think of a better time than that. I've been stuck for a while between teaching and midwifery but now I'm stuck between becoming a midwife or a doula. Ahh! Decisions! I'm going to keep researching both so I can make an informed choice on what would be best for me. Either way, it's definitely going to be in the childbirth field. I'm excited!

Until next time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment