Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mommy Mode

I've been busy a lot lately with getting Isaac ready for school. Tonight I went out and bought him some more school supplies. He got so excited while we went through all his stuff. He's got his Superman backpack, folders, a journal, crayons, markers, pencils, etc. And a cute new lunchbox. Something else I also picked up,  a book. The Berenstain Bears Go To School. I remembered that book from when I was little. I loved their treehouse and secretly wished I could've lived in something like that haha. I've been worrying myself sick about Isaac starting Kindergarten but I figured reading that book might help him open up some about how he feels about starting school. Turns out he was too tired and could barely stay awake through it. Oddly enough, it helped me. My mind has been racing with all the worst case scenarios but then I realized this is kindergarten! It's going to be different and probably upsetting at first but it won't last forever. He'll get through it. He'll get used to the routine, he'll make friends, he'll have fun and learn new things and pick up on the other kids. He'll be okay and I'll be okay too. He's struggled a lot in the past with things like speech and understanding simple concepts and directions and I've been so caught up in that that I've been afraid he's going to have a really hard time in school. I've been worried about him becoming withdrawn, being bullied, or made to feel stupid. I've had to force myself to push those thoughts to the back of my mind because they upset me so much. Isaac is the light of my life. He is the reason I wake up every morning. He is the reason I breathe. He is the reason I was born; To be his mother. He can be so challenging but I wouldn't have it any other way. I want so much for him but I just have to remember to breathe too. This is life. We'll get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment