Thursday, July 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Hands

Isaac's dad and I went to court today and I feel like I've had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. Things got pretty messy and ugly for a while but today we had the visitation orders changed so everything is better now. We've got a better schedule that we both feel will really benefit Isaac. He needs stability so thats what we got. Whew! SO glad that's over with!

And now, my kids are awesome. Isaac did wonderful today. Hardly any fighting or tantrums at all and he ate all his dinner without me having to argue with him. Then Camryn decided to pull a fast one on Mommy earlier. The kids know I don't like peanut butter, but I had made Cam a peanut butter sandwich, then her sneaky little self hopped up on me to "give me a hug" but turned around and wiped her gross peanut butter hands all over my face! Yuck! She took off laughing and I ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. Yup, I had it smeared all over my cheeks haha. I scrubbed my face but I swear I can still smell it lol.

Now for me. My birthday is tomorrow. I'll be 22. Young I know, but I feel so much older. Camryn's dad and I were talking about birthday dinners earlier and he asked me what my favorite meal was. My reply? Anything that I don't have to cook. And what do I want for my birthday? Good, uninterrupted sleep. A dream for most mothers of young children. Probably won't happen but I can still hope :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw. She got you. Despite it all, at least you have your kids to share your birthday with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. I'll always be thankful for them.

    ReplyDelete